The PawSox initial rotation was announced this morning:
1. RHP Justin Germano – Tonight
2. RHP Brandon Duckworth – Friday
3. RHP Alex Wilson – Saturday, Game 1
4. RHP Aaron Cook – Saturday, Game 2
5. RHP Doug Mathis – Monday
6. RHP Ross Ohlendorf – Tuesday
The PawSox will start the season with two players on the disabled list:
- INF Tony Thomas – hamstring
- LHP Jesse Carlson – shoulder
Some things that stand out on the PawSox Opening Day roster:
- All 12 of the club’s pitchers are right-handers (seriously).
- Eight of the 12 pitchers are new to the Red Sox system (Wilson, Tazawa, Duckworth, and Pena, Jr. return).
- Overall, 12 of the 25 players on the PawSox roster are new to Boston’s farm system.
- Of the 13 players who are NOT new to the system, OF Alex Hassan is the only one new to Pawtucket.
The PawSox enter tonight having won six straight season-openers for the first time in club-history. The current streak began with a 3-2 win vs. Indianapolis on April 6, 2006 at McCoy. Also of note, this evening’s game marks the 40th Opening Day for the Pawtucket Red Sox as the Triple-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox.
Off to the booth to continue getting everything in order. Steve Hyder and I hit the air at 6:50 p.m. ET for tonight’s 7:05 p.m. ET first pitch. Talk with you then!