Homers, Hits, and Runs Scored
Since the middle-part of the previous road trip, the PawSox offense has exploded. For a team with the third-best ERA (2.99) in the 14-team International League, it’s pretty remarkable how well this club is hitting.
Leading with the Long Ball
- The PawSox lead the I.L. with 22 home runs
- Have eight homers in the last two games
- Six straight games with a home run
- At least one homer in nine of the last 10 games
- The club has scored at least one run in 14 of the last 17 innings
- PawSox hitters have tallied 55 hits over the last four games (an average of 14 hits/game)
- Will Middlebrooks – has a homer in four-straight games, at least one hit in 12 of his last 13.
- Mauro Gomez – seven game hitting streak, three homers in his last two games, at least one hit in 14 of 15 games.
- Ryan Lavarnway – five game hitting streak with nine total hits.
- Lars Anderson – six game hitting streak, leading the club with five doubles.
The bats will have to swing through some rain this afternoon in Game 3 vs. Durham. First pitch time has been moved up to 12:30 with pre-game coverage beginning at 12:15. Rich Hill will start in his second rehab appearance, followed by scheduled starter Justin Germano.
Talk with you then,