Inside Daniel Nava’s Surge
Just about two weeks ago, PawSox outfielder Daniel Nava was batting .188 in the International League. Through April 28, the switch-hitter was just 1-for-30 on the road. Unlike Will Middlebrooks, Nava got off to anything but a hot start.
However, since April 23, Nava has been on fire and has raised his average from .188 to .316 over the course of 14 games. Here are his numbers over that stretch:
Batting .420 (21-for-50)
- Of his 21 hits, 10 have been for extra bases (7-doubles, 1-triple, 2-home runs)
- In his last 14 games, Nava has connected on at least two hits seven times
Over 27 games this season, Nava …
- Has 14 walks to 15 strikeouts
- Has a staggering on-base plus slugging (OPS) of .926
- Is second among active PawSox hitters with 30 hits (Mauro Gomez has 39)
To be clear, the Red Sox are yet to send out an official release stating that Nava has been promoted. That said, virtually every Boston media outlet is reporting that Daniel has not only been called up, but is in tonight’s lineup batting sixth and playing left field.
If true, who knows what could happen …