Day-Night Doubleheader From Allentown
After last night’s 14-1 thumping of the IronPigs, the PawSox and ‘Pigs play a pair of nine-inning games today with game one at 12:05 p.m., followed by game two at 6:35 p.m. Three-time Major League All-Star, and 2006 National League MVP, Ryan Howard is scheduled to rehab his achilles injury in game two for the IronPigs.
Pawtucket and Lehigh Valley are tied for first place in the North standings for the second time in three days, with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre just a game behind.
- The PawSox scored more runs last night then they had in their last six games combined (10).
- With his 1-for-4 effort last night with two walks, Ryan Lavarnway, in 21 games in June, hit .405 – the best monthly average of his career, and tops in the International League. He belted four homers, 14 extra-base hits, and drove home 18 runs.
- Andy LaRoche, signed by the Red Sox on Friday, is 7-for-9 over his first two games with the PawSox. He went 4-for-5 Saturday night with a three-run homer and three doubles. In 46 games with Triple-A Columbus, the most hits LaRoche had in a single game was three (one time). His three doubles are two shy of his total during his time spent with the Clippers.
- In his two games at Coca-Cola Park this year, PawSox catcher Mike Rivera is 6-for-8 with one home run and three runs batted in. Of Rivera’s three, two-hit efforts, two have come on the road against the IronPigs. In his last five starts, the PawSox catcher is 8-for-20 with five of his 11 RBI.
- PawSox outfielder Jason Repko finished Saturday night 3-for-5 with six RBI and finished a double shy of the cycle. His matched his RBI career-high last accomplished May 10, 2002 playing with High-A Vero Beach.