PawSox Players on the Mend
The PawSox have been a little beat up by injuries lately. Here’s an update on how some guys are doing:
- Outfielder Ryan Kalish twisted his ankle sliding into second base against Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and is in Pawtucket’s lineup (DH) Monday night for the first time since the injury on August 15. He was never placed on the disabled list.
- Sunday afternoon against Buffalo, outfielder J.C. Linares was hit by a pitch that first struck his thumb, then his bicep. He is day-to-day and is out of the PawSox lineup Monday night.
- First baseman Reynaldo Rodriguez was hit on the hand by a pitch on August 14 and hasn’t played since. He continues to be day-to-day but is not on the disabled list.
- Knuckleballer Steven Wright was placed seven-day disabled list last week with shoulder soreness. He said today that things have improved and he’s feeling good.
- Outfielder Alex Hassan recently had to go back on the disabled list as a result of the laceration on his left shin reopening. He said things are healing well but he needs to continue giving the injury rest so the cut won’t open up again.