Results tagged ‘ Che-Hsuan ’
Virtually all of the streaks set this year by the PawSox have been ones we’ve enjoyed talking about. From nine wins in a row, to Pedro Ciriaco’s 16-game hitting streak, and Che-Hsuan Lin’s 22-game on-base streak, there have been plenty of positives this season for the PawSox.
With that in mind, it makes the club’s current season-long five-game losing streak feel wildly out of place. Here are the culprits:
- In four of the last five games, the PawSox have blown all four save opportunities.
- The usually trustworthy bullpen has surrendered 17 earned runs over 20 1/3 innings pitched for a lofty 7.53 ERA.
- Prior to this current losing streak, the Pawtucket ‘pen had an impressive 2.77 ERA (72 ER/233.2 IP).
- The last five games have all been close. In fact, three of the PawSox last four losses have been by one run, with two coming in extra innings.
- Offensively, getting hits hasn’t been a problem for the PawSox. Getting hits with runners in scoring position is another story.
- Despite registering at least 10 hits in all but one of the last five games, the club is batting .157 with runners in scoring position during the current skid (8-for 51).
- Overall this month, the PawSox are batting .290 (second only to Durham’s at .295), and for the season lead the International League with a .274 average.