Results tagged ‘ PNC Field ’
When I was a senior in college, I purchased the first hot dog sold at the new Busch Stadium in St. Louis and sold it for $300 on eBay – seriously. Although my $296.50 profit was impressive, it was nothing compared to the woman currently auctioning off a “rare President George Washington Chicken McNugget.” Never mind that this delicious delicacy has been in her freezer for three years, what’s important is that it currently has 57 bids and is up to $4,350. Since I know you’re curious, here is the actual eBay auction page.
Assuming you haven’t stopped reading because you’re suddenly craving McDonalds, we can move on to baseball.
There haven’t been many captains in major league baseball history other than Jason Varitek. As you no doubt have heard, the two-time World Series champion will officially announce his retirement on Thursday in Fort Myers. Although his future role has not been disclosed, word is that he is expected to remain with the organization in some capacity. ”Tek” suited up for the Sox from 1997-2011. During that time he hit .256 with 193 home runs and 757 RBIs. In the 103 -year history of the Red Sox, only Hall of Famers Carl Yastrzemski (23 seasons), Ted Williams (19) and Jim Rice (16) had longer playing careers without suiting up for another team.
- The Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees, an International League North Division foe of the PawSox, will play every game on the road this season because of renovations to their home ballpark, PNC Field. Lackawanna County is in the middle of negotiating the sale of the team and which has cause a bit of a hold-up in the ballpark renovation process. No sale, no renovation. The end of the story is that there’s a chance the SWB Yankees could be on the move.
- Over the Monster did a nice interview today with Jason Parks of Baseball Prospectus and asked him his thoughts on PawSox catcher Ryan Lavarnway.
- As one fan suggested on Twitter early this morning, how great would a Varitek/Tim Wakefield first pitch be on Opening Day at Fenway Park this year?
- A total of 87,253 fans registered for the approximately1,000 available tickets in lottery for opening night at the new Marlins Park
- Thank you to my latest subscriber, dentalguy. Although that’s a bit of a nerdy name, nerdy is a good thing when you make more money than everyone else. You can be just as cool as dental guy by typing your email address into the empty box in the top-right corner of this screen and clicking “Subscribe.” It’s so easy, even a dentist can do it.
- One thing every dentist loves is sugary maple syrup. That means every dentist should love today, National Pancake Day. Eat up!
PawSox Insider: Joey Mac and Ben Crockett dentalguy